Drupal Website Developers
We specialize in creating extraordinary sites using the powerful, open-source, content management system Drupal.
You can find out more in our website design brochure (PDF) or our analysis tool for answering: What does your website say about your organization?
At Triangle Park Creative, we believe building a website is like building your home or office: it takes careful planning and expertise to create one you can live and work in — and show off. After all, its where your brand resides. People all over the world will come a-knocking any time of the day. Be ready to impress them so they will want to refer their friends and colleagues.
There’s no overnight way to create a good website, just as you wouldn’t expect to build a custom house that quickly. It requires research, healthy input and a variety of skill-sets. Through our experience, we’ve identified six main steps that demystify the process of building an outstanding site:
- Site discovery
- Site structure
- Interface design
- Site development
- Training, testing and revision
- Launch and post launch
1. Site discovery is perhaps the most crucial, though least visible, part of the process. Consider this step like building the foundation of a house—without it, everything else falls down.
During discovery, we meet with your stakeholders to gather input and develop an understanding of your organization and what your new site can do for it. We then formulate our understanding into a draft site map, which is revised until it accurately illustrates the flow of information that will meet the needs we have identified.
Once the site map is done, the site content is gathered or created to fulfill the site map. It’s important to create the site content at this point because it’s a reality check on the structure — it may have seemed like a good idea to have seven pages in one section, but when it comes time to write the copy, maybe only five are really needed.
2. Site structure. With the site map and content in hand, we create a “wireframe” for the site, which gives a detailed idea of what the pages will be like. The wireframe is a chance to see the information flow throughout the site and spot areas that need additional elements in order to be as usable as possible.
3. Interface design. Once the wireframe is completed, our interface designers apply what we’ve learned about you and create a site that looks like home while being memorable, easy-to-navigate and dynamic.
4. Site development. Then, our in-house development team begins the work of bringing it all to life on the World Wide Web. Core modules are installed, web standards are applied and it’s at this part of the process where Drupal, an open-source content management system, is installed and implemented.
5. Training, testing and revision. Once our web team has built the site and tested it in all browsers, they create a user manual and other reference sheets you may need. They train core staff how to use the site so you can revise the content and add additional events, news or publications. Minor interface and functionality revisions are made, and the development team gets the site ready to launch.
6. Launch and post launch. The site goes live! During the first three months, we provide support for key staff members while you enjoy your brand new, beautifully functioning site.